Mother’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate the important role of motherhood and the person who literally brought you into this world. Mother’s Day is also a day to celebrate any other mothers in your life, like another relative or someone who has been there for you like a mother. Perhaps the most universal mother of all, Mother Earth, should not be forgotten on this important day. How can you celebrate the moms in your life while honoring Mother Earth? We have five ideas for Mother’s Day gifts that show a little love to Mother Earth too.
- Buy your mom a plant: Instead of buying your mother a bouquet of flowers that will die in a few days, opt for a plantable tree, bush, or other plant instead. Not only will this be a constant reminder to your mother of your love, it benefits the environment too.
- Go for a walk or bike ride: Never underestimate the gift of an experience over an object. Spending quality time with your mother outside will create a sweet memory and immerse you in the beauty of the outdoors.
- Create a natural spa kit: Instead of pampering your mother at a traditional spa, make her some all-natural homemade bath and beauty products! Using ingredients like honey, coconut oil, and oatmeal, you can design and create the perfect natural products that are fun to use and don’t harm the environment or animals.
- Buy your mom reusable shopping bags: Thankfully the idea of using cloth shopping bags has started to catch on. Many stores sell fun and beautiful bags that your mother can use over and over again!
- Get your mother hooked on Ha-Ra! We have all kinds of products that will not only help your mother clean more thoroughly and efficiently, but they are free of harsh chemicals that cause harm to the earth and your health. With long lasting products that are eco-friendly, your mother and Mother Earth will surely thank you!