April is here, and even if the weather is being a bit temperamental, Spring has officially arrived. Whether you hate it or love it, Spring is a time of renewal and that includes giving your home a refresh. Many of us cringe at the phrase “Spring Cleaning”as we think of all the nooks and crannies that have collected dirt, dust, and clutter over the long winter months, but Ha-Ra is here to help make the process painless. Trust us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it will feel great when you get there!
To help organize your plan of attack, here are six simple guidelines to help stay on top of your Spring Cleaning with chemical free and eco-friendly Ha-Ra products:
- Get your cleaning supplies in order. Mix up a bucket of water with a couple drops of the Ha-Ra Protective Formula as well as a spray bottle with the mixture. Grab your favorite cleaning accessories like our Nano Glove, Natura Cloth, and Star Cloth, and put everything in an easy-to-carry kit. You can use a box, crate, bin, bag, or anything else you find laying around the house.
- Start with your laundry! Gather all the bedding, curtains, blankets, towels, and anything else that can be machine washed and throw it in. Add our Ha-Ra Saponella Blue Pearls and start it up. Keep the loads coming until their done.
- De-clutter by putting things in their right spot (which may be the trash can more often than not). You can use laundry baskets or plastic storage bins to easily sort items. Just assign each area of the house to a basket and one for items you want to pitch. Put misplaced items back in the basket they belong and replace them all at once. Get the kids involved! This makes for a fun distraction from “cleaning.” Be sure to go through the refrigerator, cabinets, and counters to ensure you throw away everything unneeded.
- Time to get dirty. Working through the house one room at a time, start by cleaning the windows. Watch this video to see how to use our Window Cleaning Kit to leave them sparkling. Then move onto dusting (don’t forget the floorboards, blinds, and fans). With the Ha-Ra Yellow Glove, this will be a cinch. Wipe down all counters, sinks, toilets, and showers with your Protective Formula mixture and the Natura Cloth. Finish up by sweeping all hard floors with our Yellow Pad and taking out the trash.
- Onto the floors! Simple and easy, mop and vacuum the floors. Invest in our Nano Gold Soft Pad to make this task even easier.
- Add the finishing touches. Put your clean linens back where they belong, add some fresh flowers or light a candle, and sit back and relax! You can conquer the outdoor spaces another day. For now, it’s time to bask in your freshly cleaned home.